Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Shalom!

It’s been a while friends! I wanted to give you all a break from my attempt at blogging. You’re Welcome.

One major thing that has become very apparent to me since I have been in NY is the importance of friends and family. Clique? Yes, but completely true!! 

Coming to NY for seven weeks was a huge leap of faith. I was nervous but not nearly as nervous as everyone else seemed to be. It all became very real when I waiting at baggage claim and I realized I was alone. I’m kind of a people person so doing things by myself proved to be difficult at first. I went to the same restaurant everyday for the first week because the little Italian nugget waiter was familiar. Luckily I have stepped out a little since then but hearing from people at home continues to be the highlight of my day!

My mom is here visiting. You’ve probably heard of her. People get to know me and think I’m okay. Then they meet my mom and continue to tolerate me so they can live from one Lisa Ross encounter to the next. I know you all didn’t think I knew but I do and I have dealt with it.

We have had a great time. We went to Washington D.C. last weekend and have been exploring New York all this week. We attended a lovely Broadway Musical about Drag Queens. The tickets were half price and we took the recommendation of a splendid Australian woman. I’m sure she had a good laugh over her vegemite sandwich thinking about the two “okies” being enlightened by her recommendation.

We have spent quite a bit of time in Time Square and people watching. I swear there is a “Rihanna Look Alike ” competition taking place currently among the girls of NYC. I am totally supportive of that as long as the next competition isn’t “Mimic the bad life choices of Chris Brown!”

My mom is leaving Monday so she can begin to prepare for the most epic family reunion to hit the family reunion scene. I am very sad to be missing it. My cousin Ashley and I are planning a decathlon. The Stout siblings will be the captains so in our case my grandma is the fearless leader. Team Ramona will be triumphant but I must watch from afar.

Saturday I get to mark something off my bucket list. We are going to see Paul McCartney in concert at Yankee Stadium. I knew I had to see him before he dies…or at least before his next marriage. Saying that “You’ll just catch the next one,” when you aren’t able to attend a wedding is completely relevant in his case.

I only have about three more weeks in NY but I know I have a lot more to learn in those three weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment