Friday, July 29, 2011

Hoboken Haircut

I see a lot of the same people on the subway everyday and they still look at me like I’m on the wrong train. I guess they think I’m a slow learner.

Yesterday I was walking from the train station to work and this man asked me for directions. Yes, Me! Not in Manhattan or Brooklyn! In the SoBro! In the BX! In the Bronx! I was beyond flattered. Looking like you belong in the Bronx is being the toughest of New York tough! They don’t play! I actually knew how to get where he wanted to go but I think after I started talking he realized I was not from the BX and could not possibly know my way around the Bronx.

I made another trip to Hoboken, NJ today. I love “The Boken!” It’s a quick trip from the city but it feels like a small town.
As I was walking the streets of Hoboken I saw a hair salon. I have needed a haircut but the only person that has been near my hair with scissors since I was 10 is Lori Freeman. Considering she is thousands of miles away this was a problem. I decided to be brave and let a complete stranger in Hoboken, New Joorsey cut my hair.
It was a fairly good experience. The lady was kind of sort of okay I guess but she was no Lori Freeman.

I now have a Mohawk that Willow Smith would be proud of with a plethora of colored streaks!

JOKING!!!

You can’t even tell I got a Hoboken Haircut!

Yesterday I visited FAO Schwarz, the toy store from “Big!” They still have the giant piano and a ton of overpriced toys! I’m so glad I got to experience but I’ll stick to Toys R Us for my toy shopping!

I only have a couple more days here in the “Larger then Most Apples, Apple,” and it’s very bitter sweet…the feeling I mean…not the apple. The lease is up on my sublet so I will be moving into a guesthouse that is for young people that are missionaries or working with Christian Organizations. It will be a great experience. It’s not air-conditioned and there are only public bathrooms but I’ve met a lot of people that sleep on the street so I am very fortunate.

I would like to take this time to shout out to two of my favorite people in the entire world that both have birthdays today. My lovely Grandma Ramona and Caroline “Charlene” Leahy! You are both incredible people and I learned so much from you both!! Love You!

Now you can both say that you were called out in the worst attempt of a blog that the World has ever seen. Congratulations!

Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment